Monday, December 21, 2015

Get Well Soup and some Sleigh Ride Teachers Gifts

Apologies for my absence of late, I've not been well with Shingles and have been amazingly tired and finding it hard to gain focus and clarity on anything. 

I'd made an abundance of things to share with you that I've just not managed to blog about, but will do so over the coming days. 

I had one more day of crafting after I'd been diagnosed and my own illness made me think that I never have a Get Well card available when I need to send one to others and so I set to making a handful of these.



One large wood mount Stamp, a spot of colouring and the addition of some Designer Series Paper and it was done. It really couldn't have been any quicker … and a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper too. It's occurred to me also, that with a few of my friends going through tough times, I also don't have any Thinking of you cards in my box, so they will be next on the list.

I think this next project was my last posting to my Facebook page about a week ago, so some of you may well have seen these.

The parents of the children in our son's class, all clubbed together to get Gift Vouchers for each of the Teachers as a Christmas Thank you and being the creative that I am, I like to give Vouchers in a way that makes them look just as exciting as receiving an actual wrapped gift  … so I offered to create these …



I had made Voucher Holders like these before, having followed a fellow US Demonstrator's Youtube tutorial, Julia Davison. They are just so addictive to make and so very pleasing to receive. I did adjust the measurements slightly.

The size of a normal C6 Standard Card, these fit perfectly in a normal envelope, but these were presented just as they appear here … just like a gift box waiting to be opened. Lift the flap with the tag on and up pops the internal message and the Gift Voucher. 

I decided to decorate the front using the Sleigh Ride Edgelits and some more simple sponging. I'd used this colour scheme and theme in a selection of Cards that I created for one of my classes a few months back. The selection that I made that coordinate with these can be seen HERE. The list of supplies for this project, can be found at the bottom of the coordinating cards post.

Over the coming days, I will share some more creations from my recent Christmas Fairs and my final class of 2015. 

Mikaela x





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment