Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spaldwick Village School Fair

Last Friday saw the annual Christmas School Fair here in our Village and this year I was asked if I would like to have a stall there, which I jumped at and thoroughly enjoyed.

I had a few things already made up, but made a few more seasonal things for the children to enjoy and spend their pennies on.


Just half the display of goodies I had on offer, but the side that the kids liked the most.


During my time there, I sat crafting with the Snow Day Stamp Set, making some quick and simple Christmas Cards and some Gift Tags. I so nearly didn't buy that stamp set, but I'm so pleased that I did … I love it !!


These were Charity cards that I produced for a little girl called Mae, who I'd heard of through Village connections. This little girl was born quite prematurely, just like our son, but sadly has battled with Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy. Her family have been raising funds to help pay for an Operation overseas that will enable her to walk. I wanted to do a little something to help and so came up with these packs of 6 cards, especially aimed at children to colour in and send to their friends and Grandparents. ALL proceeds from these cards are being donated directly to the Hope4Mae fund and the unsold cards are being given to the family to sell on locally. Sadly it won't make them millions, but its a token gift of kindness that I hope will help in some way or another.

I sincerely hope to be asked back to the school for another event at some point in the future. It was lovely to do something so local for our community.

Mikaela xx


No comments:

Post a Comment