Monday, December 9, 2013

European Convention Manchester 2013


I can't believe that Convention in Manchester was over 2 weeks ago now and it's only now that I'm managing to report back about it. I have been so busy with classes and closing down the year with a Fair at our local village school that I've simply not had the time to sit down at the computer for long enough to produce my Newsletter or this write up …. so apologies for the delay. 

The main stage was awash of Celebration for the 25th Anniversary, with the event kicking off on the Friday morning with two young dancers, who were nearly as flexible as me ;) The main stage was then taken over by presenter after presenter, spoiling us with some Demonstrations of Craft Techniques, launching new products and some Lectures about various Business Tips and ideas. The venue also offered a hall full of Inspiration Boards ... and boy did I take a disc full of photo's here. The variety was astonishing!



It was such a pleasure to be sharing the weekend with so many very talented crafters from throughout Europe. This was my first Convention and I went with my Upline, Sharon Gronow and an American Demo friend, Hannah Wilkinson, who were first timers to Convention too .... Oh my word and what an array of Inspiration we had ahead of us.



Just look at some of these competition entries! Talk about amazing!!

We were presented with a Stampin' Up! Convention Rucksack when we registered, full of lovely goodies ... Not just one, but three gorgeous stamp sets!! ..... We then received several other Prize Draw giveaways of goodies from the up coming Seasonal Catalogue about to launch at the start of the New Year and oooo have they got some gorgeous goodies on offer to tempt you with!!

Friday night was presentation night, when the Top Demonstrators were awarded with various prizes for their achievements and I was astonished to hear just what some had achieved in such a short space of time. This company is most definitely the crafting company to work for and I feel honoured to be a part of it.

It was then time to party and have some fun of a different sort :)




It was once again, so lovely to meet some of the ever so helpful Stampin' Up! Colleagues at our UK Office, but also to meet a few others from overseas and in particular the wonderful Bonnie Thurber, who just made me smile .... a lot !!! This event was a hit and clearly took a lot of planning and it was down to a great crew that we were able to enjoy it


Next year it's being held in Brussels in October and I sincerely hope to be there. If you fancy joining me and want to know how you can go about it, then do get in contact and I'll explain how.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment