Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Using up Retired DSP

To prepare for the Craft Fair that I attended at the weekend, I decided to use up some of the retired Designer Series Papers that I had left over but still loved.

I had so much fun creating a few 3D items from a whole host of left over card stock and papers.




Most women love a handbag, so I couldn't resist but make this cute little handbag gift bag, embellished with a pretty little flower. The Banner Greetings tag that I used here comes from a Hostess set that you could acquire if you were to either host your own party with sales over £150, or obtain by joining my Hostess Club .... (Check out my Clubs Tab for more information). 

This cute little bag was made from one sheet of 12x12 Designer Series paper. This paper has since been retired, but you can see what a beautiful gift bag you could create from any patterned paper.

I was asked to offer a Raffle Prize for the event and made one of these Gift Bags to hold a few Stampin' Up! supplies that I coupled with a coordinating gift Voucher. I made it from retired DSP, but just loved the colours I chose, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant and a retired colour, Lucky Limeade. I'm sure the Pear Pizzazz would work well in it's place though.


The sentiments used here are from the Really Good Greetings Stamp Set that offers 6 images that are all a little quirky. 

I then decided to move on to making a box or two and decided to demonstrate making this cute little box whilst I was there. This box was made from the current Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper and coupled with a sentiment from the Chalk Talk Stamp Set ... I just adore that set!


It's amazing what you can achieve from one sheet of 12x12 DSP. I sat and made a few more of these throughout the day, using yet more Gingham Garden DSP. The variations were all equally as attractive.

There is a promotion on Designer Series Papers this month. Buy 3 and get one pack free. Just think how many of these boxes and bags you could make from that little stack of paper.

This week I need to get designing my forthcoming classes .... so look out for a few sneak peeks as the week goes on x




No comments:

Post a Comment