Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Birthday Bouquet coupled simply with Birthday Blooms

I'm not normally a girl who uses much Designer Series Patterned Paper, so was a little put out when faced with such a bold, all over print. It really didn't need anything else … the beautiful paper itself would do all the singing … 



… so I simply added a sentiment and some embellishment.


On the day of my Stamp-a-Stack event, the more I saw this paper used on this card, the more I liked it. It really is just a case of allowing it space to stand out and not fighting with it's beauty. It also helps that I really do love the freshness of these colours together too. 

I hope you like this card. Be sure to pop back tomorrow for another share from my Stamp-a-Stack of Birthday's Event.

Happy Stampin'

Mikaela x


2 comments:

  1. I love your card, Mikaela. I have avoided using the floral papers in this DSP set, but you've inspired me to use them. I plan to CASE your card for my niece's birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the trouble to leave me a message. I am so pleased that it has inspired you to use the florals in that pack. It's a beautiful pack, but sometimes being such an all over print, we shy away from using them on cards and use them for bags and boxes instead … I'm guilty of that one. With such beautiful papers, why do any more than put a sentiment with it. I hope your niece will love it as much as we both do. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete