I don't often make cards using fancy folds, so took the challenge and turned to the Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue for inspiration. Our Catalogues are fabulous for that. I couldn't help but stop and ponder over the Winter Wonderland Selection on page 22 … the first set that jumped out at me when I lay hands on this catalogue a few months back.
It was this card on the left in particular that I looked at and decided to use as my inspiration for today's make.
I do like using different colours for Christmas and not just the usual Red, Gold and Greens and here I have coupled Black, White and Gold with Lost Lagoon. It's a subtle addition, but I've added some gold spotty vellum in behind the aperture to pull in the gold used in the sentiment.
I can hear you asking where the fancy fold is in this card ...
… well, with the aperture on the front, I wanted to repeat this with greater depth on the inside.
I like the simplicity of this Fancy Fold card. You could do so many variants with stamping either side of the aperture, having things hanging and all sorts, but the general making of it, is really quite simple.
I have created a 5" square card here. To recreate your own you will need:
- 5" x 10" Base Cardstock scored in the centre at 5"
- Whisper White Cardstock 9 1/2" x 4 1/2" scored in the centre at 4 6/8" and 2" either side of this line.
- Cut out your aperture using Framelits.
- 5" x 4 1/2" Whisper White cardstock for the back of the aperture. Do your background stamping before scoring this cardstock at 1/2", 2 1/2" and 4 1/2". You will only be folding on the centre score line. The two 1/2" sides are only as a guide for when you come to adhere the next layer.
- Once you have stamped and adhered your background, adhere the sides of the folding panel, with the two outside score lines, lining up with the score lines that you didn't fold from the previous step. By doing this, it should sit with an even border showing.
Once my mind was set in the mode of fancy folding, I couldn't resist but create the magnificent paper Stars that you see pictured in the catalogue.You would not believe just how easy these stars are to make and of this size, you can make two from one sheet of 12"x12" Designer Series Paper.
I hope you have enjoyed my share and you'll consider having a go at making either the Fancy Fold card or the Stars. Be sure to hop over to see what fantastic creative folds Lesley is sharing and do leave us girls a comment if you like what you've seen, we'd love to hear from you and to know that our shares are being appreciated.
Happy Halloween and Happy Hopping
Stampin' Creative Team running order for October:
Pip - http://www.queenpipcards.com/stampin-creative-fancy-folds-blog-hop
Eimear - http://stampincolour.com/stampin-creative-october-blog-hop-fancy-folds/
Caroline - http://wp.me/p4UAKf-6M
Mikaela - YOU ARE HERE
Lesley - http://lellyjellys.blogspot.co.uk
Louise - http://stampindelight.co.uk/stampin-creative-blog-hop-fancy-folds/
Emily - http://stampinmermaid.blogspot.co.uk
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog