Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Build a Birthday Cake Frame

Who wouldn't want to frame a Birthday Cake like this? …

I saw a card made by a fellow Demonstrator, Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek that used the same colours with this Stamp set and loving the new In colours as I do, I had to recreate something of my own. 



I had been wanting to create a framed picture since seeing one made by my upline at an All Day Event that we hosted a few months back and I liked the idea of trying to make the cake stand appear 3 Dimensional within the box frame.




Lightly curved using a Bone Folder and supported by Dimensionals, the top of the Cake stand has side tabs that help anchor it to the card base. 


It really helps this image pop out don't you think?!


If you've not managed to make one of these box frames, you really should. they are so simple and so effective. The new Whisper White Cardstock that's thicker, would make for a nice strong frame too. 

Hoping you'll give it a try. 

Happy Crafting

Mikaela x



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment