Friday, June 12, 2015

Launch Party Cake - Make and Take

Last Friday saw my Annual Catalogue Launch Party and no party would have been complete without cakes … both to eat and make as part of the Make and Take. With ring doughnuts appearing a lot in the new catalogue, I simply had to buy some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in to be enjoyed whilst pondering the new Catalogue … 



… along with a few savoury nibbles if preferred.


This year I decided to include a Buy one Get one Free Sale, selling off a good percentage of my Retired Stamp Sets, Punches and Dies. It was welcomed with open arms, that the ladies went on to fill.


Mr Brown had unexpectedly delivered that afternoon, so I managed to put out on display a whole load more product than I'd initially first predicted. I have to admit that the boxes were a slight distraction from creating a few extra makes for my display … but I think I was forgiven.


We couldn't not do a spot of crafting, so I set up our Dining Table as a Make and Take station, where the ladies sat at their leisure to make a single card using the Sprinkles of Life, Ronald McDonald House Charities Stamp Set.


This is such a versatile Stamp Set that I literally had to hold myself back from creating card after card using it. Don't you just love a set that gives such value for money … and to think this one gives money back to charity too!


I so wanted the little cherry on the top to sparkle, but to avoid getting glitter everywhere in the excitement of the evening, I decided to colour in some Glimmer Paper with the Watermelon Wonder Marker, before punching out the shape. It works really well and saves on any possible mess. I can think of a few of my friends who dislike glitter with a passion.


Raffle Prizes, token Giveaways and fun all round … we had a ball. Isn't it wonderful to have further excitement with a New Catalogue?!

I hope you're enjoying the catalogue as much as we did.

Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment