Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray … You're 100 Today!

This Saturday sees the 100th Birthday of my Grandad on my Mum's side of the family, so the pressure has been on to make a suitable card with enough wow factor to match the amazing age that he will have reached. I mean …. 100 !!!

The Pop up Box card did the rounds a lot last year, but I still feel that it has that certain surprise element to its interactive nature when it pops up as you pull it out of the envelope. 



I'm just loving the Irresistibly Yours Speciality Designer Series Paper that's Free with Sale-a-Bration with a qualifying purchase of £45. Here I used Coastal Cabana ink on it, to allow the stars to pop a little. I just love it. The options are pretty much endless. 


Then I used various Star Framelits and punches with different shades of Glimmer Paper to give it that all important sparkle.

Never have I had to make a card for someone that's entered into treble figures. He'll have seen and experienced so many changes over the years … I mean, just think of how mobile phones have changed … Vinyl to CD to Downloads … the difference between now and when he was my age, must be astonishing. 

Lets hope he'll like it … along with his telegram from the Queen. A big day to be celebrated. 


Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment