Tuesday, November 4, 2014

European Convention Swaps 2014

The one thing that we do at Convention, or any Stampin' Up! Event come to that, is exchange swaps with other Demonstrators and this year I came home with an abundance of swaps. I took out 85 identical New Years Card Swaps and came home with 85 swaps that are all very different. 



The variety of styles, themes and projects are just wonderful to see and I love them all … although there were one or two that stood out for me.



I absolutely adored this little Christmas Decoration that Caroline Mistrel from France made. I really was in ore of the amount of hard work that she had put in to creating them. Thank you Caroline, this will be hanging on our tree this Christmas. 




One of my all time favourite German Demonstrators that I follow is Jenni Pauli. I love the simplicity of her style and I was fortunate enough to receive this gorgeous swap, complete with mini tattoo and notebook inside. It's just so beautiful and I love the use of feathers.



I don't think you can ever go wrong with the Pillow Box Table Favour. It's a staple for me and this elegant one was came complete with a €500 Chocolate inside. Sadly the creator didn't add their details, so I am unable to acknowledge them and thank them personally.


This card by Linda Kasparian had me with it's simplicity and great use of the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set as the background. Endless wishes, coupled with Baked Brown sugar made a refreshing change that I loved.

The little card to the left was created by Gina Connor and again, I loved the colours and simplicity of it. 


Can you believe the variety of items I came home with?


I loved the way that Marine Wiplier chose to stamp over the top of patterned Designer Series Paper and couple it up with the heavy duty card stock. This beautiful pouch held … yes … more chocolate. If I were to eat all of these chocolates I'd be the size of the Convention Centre. 


This card and tag duo was created by Lavinia Gruizinga with a lovely fresh combination of colours and the ever so elegant butterfly … very pretty. 


I have this lovely stamp set and have yet had the chance to play with it, but this just makes me want to pull out the stamp pad and get playing. Maud Wuillot from France created this and I just love the sparkly finish to the snow that she added.



Stars are a big thing right now and this gorgeous box was made by Alison Plummer. I can not believe the patience she would have had in creating these from the Star Framelits … and yes … complete with a delicious dark chocolate. 


The Elegant Butterfly is a popular punch and suits Michelle Last's distinct and elegant style. 


The gorgeous packet to the right, also using the Elegant Butterfly punch, is made by a good friend Zoë Tant, who made this beautiful gift for me, that came complete with a little notepad and little handbag charm.




I think you can see from these photographs, that I have a fair few swaps and to tag everyone would take a rather long time and make this post rather lengthy, but I think you'll agree … there are quite some inspirational ideas here.


You see that The Festival of Trees was a popular choice. 


 Can you believe the amount of work colouring that Peacock … Oh my word, I'd love to know how many of those were made by Suriya Goodlett.


Some people are just so generous … the gorgeous little Sunshine folder to the front here, came with it's own little poem and Angel Charm … so thoughtful and so beautiful … Thank you Marianne Valk from the Netherlands. 






Believe me, there are still yet more swaps in my box here, but I think you get plenty of inspiration from this lovely selection. 

Thank you to everyone who I had the pleasure of swapping with. 


Mikaela x

2 comments:

  1. I loved your swaps thank you for them, and I see you got some super ones in return. See you Saturday! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I most certainly did Zoë … and a LOT of chocolate . Some fabulous inspiration. There is a lot to talent out there. Looking forward to seeing you too xx

    ReplyDelete