Monday, September 15, 2014

FALLen in love with something Curvy

Nobody tell my husband that I've fallen in love with something curvier …. Yes, I have well and truly fallen in love with the Curvy Keepsake Gift Box Thinlits. Oh my word, there are so many things that can be made from it.

Friday night I did a private class at a ladies house local to me and made these cute little Pumpkin Table Favours … I almost didn't want to give them away I loved them so much.



The theme for the evening, at the lady's request, was Autumnal Wreath, so I came up with this set of cards and a gift box and thought the Pumpkins sat on the table would be a welcome gift and cute display to greet them.


The Wondrous Wreath set could at first be deemed as just for Christmas, but it has such versatility, that it could be used all year round and ironically, the lady who hosted this class, makes her own wonderful Door Wreaths, that she is known for … so hence the request for this set.


This was the first card we made, using a spot of masking for the bow and some wonderful Glimmer paper to add some shimmer. Other than the Sentiment Banner, it's really a one layer card. This was a good introduction on how to line up the Photopolymer stamp set for two step stamping.



This card was the Stepped up card, making use of the Thinlits dies to cut out the Wreath to hang from the door and adding a third step of stamping with the berries.



A rather posh Trick or Treat box was made to take a small token gift.

The Sentiments used, other than the word Wonderful which comes within the Wondrous Wreath set, were from a fantastic set that's currently available as a Freebie with a qualifying order. It offers so many sentiments for all year round use … I love it and you'll be seeing it used rather a lot.

Some more crafting tomorrow, so I hope to have a few more things to share with you later in the week.

'til then, Happy Crafting


Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment