Friday, June 27, 2014

Petite Petals Ensamble



Last night saw the first joint crafting session with one of my downline, Emma Fielding in the lovely village of Cookham Dean in Berkshire. Emma and I have known each other some 20 years now, so it was lovely to have been asked by her to co-host a crafting evening with her. 

We had 10 lovely ladies join us for the evening and both shared our projects with them for a real variety of makes. I was asked to come up with a project set and here was what I came up with. I believe that you can't go wrong with flowers, so I based my designs around the Petite Petals Stamp set and punch bundle. 

The soft colour combination used was Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Very Vanilla on a base of my favourite, Crumb Cake …. that colour seems to go with everything. 





I explained to the ladies how I'd designed the card with the Pistachio Pudding matting to be adhered off set. One of the ladies explained that it was so nice to be able to make something of what could at first, appear like a mistake in alignment. We did have a giggle. I hadn't thought at it that way, but it's something worth remembering. I liked the way it gave a greater flash of colour, in a not so regimental way and coordinated nicely with the relaxed feel of the flowers.




This second card was based on my recent Regional Training Swap card, clustering the beautiful Petite Petals flowers to one corner. 



I never know if this is called a Bag in a Box, or a Box in a Bag …. but I do know, that it's a great little template for a cute sized gift bag. I love the sentiment on this gift tag … it is so true. 

To one side we had set up a table full of various makes of both mine and Emma's, some using supplies from the current, so to go Catalogue and some Sneak Peeks from the soon to be launch New Annual Catalogue …. Can you spot a few?



All in all, it was a most enjoyable evening. The ladies made me feel very welcome and everyone seemed to enjoy making the projects from both tables. 

Now I am home, it's time to finish designing next month's class, pull together everything to my Catalogue Launch Party next week and pull together some exciting makes for the All Abloom All Day Summer event that I'm hosting with my Upline mid July …. so I'd better head to the crafting table and get busy.

Have a great weekend .. and Happy Crafting


Mikaela x


Supplies used and available through my online shop. Just click on an item and be taken straight there.

No comments:

Post a Comment