Friday, January 31, 2014

Sale-a-Brate in a Power Cut

Last night we experienced our second lengthy power cut of the week. Last Saturday our village was cut off for no less than 9 hours following a thunderstorm in the area and last night, we were again off for another 3 hours … but when you're up against the clock to get a card made and in the post the next morning … A girl had to do, what a girl had to do … craft by torch light!

Yes you read correctly … I propped up a torch on the top of a stack of books and set to crafting. Never did I value my Colour Coach and the Ink names being on the ends of the new Ink pads before, as much as I did last night. Colour matching in poor lighting would have been virtually impossible,  but fan open the colour coach and the names of coordinating colours are just listed there in black and white … now there's a unique selling point for Stampin' Up!

In all Mikaela fashion, when I can't find inspiration to make what I really need to … I make something completely random to get me into the flow and this was my first creation.


I had just taken delivery of this gorgeous stamp set, Happy Watercolour and was eager to use it. A wash of So Saffron and the sound of rain outside and I turned to another new Stamp Set, that I received FREE through the Sale-a-Bration offer called 'See ya Later'. There are some fun sentiments in there and this was one. Couple it with some FREE twine from SAB 2014 and add a few rhinestones and here you have it. 

Here's another card using See ya Later, that I made the day before, making use of the Word Bubbles Framelits from the new Spring/Summer Catalogue and the FREE Decorative Dots Textured Embossing Folder from SAB. Isn't he fun?!


I just love these word bubbles and can see me having fun with these.

Last night I was actually supposed to be making a 3rd Birthday card, but just couldn't get into the right stride and ended up making this card instead. I still love the Storybook Friends Stamp Set. Do you notice the Starburst Framelits shape that he is sitting on? Ooooo another lovely new product from the Spring/Summer Catalogue that I'll be making lots of use of.


I saw inspiration for this and the card above on Pinterest. It's amazing what you see and how you can adapt it to your liking. I'm thinking of recreating this card in spring like colours, especially for Easter.

Well, tomorrow I've a busy day ahead, as I tackle the hall cupboard with all my back up Crafting tools and accessories. I need to make better use of the space, so I'm diving in there tomorrow afternoon … wish me luck!

Whatever you are doing this weekend, whatever craft project you have on your table … enjoy it.


Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment