Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Year, New Classes …

Well, I may have appeared a little quiet of late, especially on the design front, but I can honestly say, that I've never created such a variety of things in the space of a week as I have this past week and I can now share them with you.

It's an exciting time ahead of us at Stampin' Up!, as come the end of the month, we'll not only see the launch of the new Spring/Summer Seasonal Catalogue, but we'll be welcoming in the annual sale of them all …. Sale-a-Bration … and boy have Stampin' Up! got some beautiful things to share with us all. 

I'm lucky enough as a Demonstrator that I get to not only see these things ahead of them being launched to the public, but buy them and have a play. In fact … I was luckier still … as at Convention back in November, I came home with a few lovely new products as giveaways to sample and start playing with … and play I have.

I have been designing a few of my upcoming classes that I have on offer and have this year introduced the Masterclass, which will be a smaller, one off class offering a different kind of project for my ladies to make. Some of my ladies had expressed an interest in making a few more Home Decor/3D style items, rather than just cards, so I'm hoping that these classes will help offer a wider variety for all.

So … without further ado … here are a few of my recent creations. 


I've been wanting to use the Flower Shop Stamp Set and Punch for a while and thought nothing better to start the year with, but something fresh in colour and uplifting. My ladies had asked for a storage box for them to house all of their handmade cards that they choose to keep, so I came up with this ever so simple Card Index style box with gorgeous embellishment. Do you detect a few new products used here?


I have had enormous fun creating this Mini Memory Album. With Mother's Day on the horizon, I wanted to create something that acknowledged my journey to motherhood, so I took a step back to just before meeting my husband and went through the journey of us and our little pickle.

Having enjoyed making this so much, I have decided to offer this as a Masterclass to my ladies, who can tailor the kit to whatever occasion they would like to cherish. It comes as a kit, but I shall be including the photo frame die cuts, the washi tape and a variety of stamp sets and punches to help personalise and embellish the book suitably.


I had so wanted to do a wreath class before Christmas … but time just did not allow, so here it is, Burlap and Bloom and in time to enjoy throughout Spring and the Easter holidays. It's even gorgeous enough to give as a gift … if you can bare to part with it. 

Here's one final project to share with you before heading back to the craft table and knuckling down to the next project. I loved the simplicity of this next project and have it hanging in our bedroom as we speak. It could be altered for any occasion and I'd love to do one for a Birth Announcement or Baby Shower.


If you like the idea of this, then you need to keep an eye out for the upcoming Sale-a-Bration due to start on 28 January and run through until 31 March 2014. There are some gorgeous freebies to be had with the qualifying purchase and this might just be one of them ;) 

Did I say above that Stampin' Up! had some gorgeous new products about to launch? Do you believe me now?

Can you feel my excitement as the new crafting year for me is about to start? … Lots more on the horizon, lots more new things to offer and a team about to be named.

Well, I think you would agree … I've been somewhat busy and deserve a warming cup of coffee right now and long soak in the bath this evening.

Now to just allow you to drool over some of these exciting new products … 

Mikaela x






No comments:

Post a Comment