Thursday, January 9, 2014

I've been having a Monster time …

It's that time of year, when we prepare for our son's Birthday and this year what better theme for a 3 year old boy than Monsters! 

I've seen many a themed card made using the Stampin' Up! Circle Framelits and decided that I would have an attempt at a character card myself and here is the little monster that I managed to create … isn't he cute!


The left eye, which looks slightly different on each side, looks like it wobbles as you open it - now how much fun would that be for a 3 year old? … Not scary at all !!

He is a very lucky little boy, who already have an abundance of gifts awaiting, so I decided to make coordinating Thank You cards in preparation, using the Retired Make a Monster Stamp Set. I just love this set and know of a certain little boy who in time will love creating various monsters of his own too. 




The paper plates, napkins and paper cups that we as a family will be using to enjoy his Birthday Cake, formed  the inspiration for this card set and I can't wait to share it all with him. 

Well, before the little monster wakes, I'd better get on with creating my next project.

Happy Crafting 

Mikaela x



No comments:

Post a Comment