Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Wishes for our School Teachers

The Christmas run up is always a busy time for a Crafter, and for me, this year was by no means any exception. With so many surprises in store, I've been unable to share many of those creations, until now. 

I felt honoured to have once again received a commission request from 14 fabulous school children (age 5/6), to come up with a special card and voucher holder for their Teachers.

Teacher Gifts

They wanted something that they could put their own mark on, as opposed to simply saying it was from the children of class 1P ... so I set to thinking and also pulled in some suggestions from a few crafting friends ... and this is what I came up with. 

Teacher Gifts

My most favourite Stamp Set and heavily used set of this season, has to have been Stitched with Cheer - the banner sentiments have been SO useful. I have also loved the embellishment of the Pine leaves so very simply embellished this gift bag and concertina card.

Teacher Gifts

The card was designed to be opened, with an opening sentiment, followed by each child's personal comment ... and ending with closing wishes for the New Year. 

Teacher Gifts

The children had clubbed together to purchase a gift card that I slipped into a Kraft Bag and again simply embellished, covering the bottom half with an embossed piece of cardstock. The Ribbon closure was designed to NOT be unfastened, but to simply be pulled out, which gently pulls out the Gift Card. 

Teacher Gifts

With no less than 14 names, I thought it probably easier and more space saving to have this card hang vertically from the ribbon closure, rather than take up an entire mantelpiece. 

Teacher Gifts

Although a real responsibility, I thoroughly enjoyed pulling this project together and I hope that the Teachers felt suitably treated and special when opening them. 

Since there were many products used to create these, I have chosen not to list them below as I usually would, but please feel free to contact me if you need any product names and prices. 



Receive a FREE copy of the Tutorial Bundles with ANY purchase during the month of December, by way as a gift from me. Click the image above to take a look at what it's all about.


Use this Club Code at check out on all online orders to receive a gift from me the following month. 




2 comments:

  1. I am a fellow demonstrator and would like to make this card for my teaching partner. I think she would love it. Can you give me more information such as the dimensions. Thanks in advanced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Stephanie, Apologies for the delay in posting this, I've just realised that I still needed to get you the instructions. I was given a link to a video by another Demonstrator, Joanne James of the basic instructions that I then adapted to my needs. I hope it helps and your teaching partner likes it, Mikaela x.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I01mWGNhYY&feature=youtu.be

      Delete