Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Botanical Blooms Monthly Craft Class

Yesterday saw the last of my Botanical Blooms Classes, where I gave the ladies a chance to have a real play with the beautiful floral die that complete this set. 

The ensemble came about from this Gift Box and the striking Pink flower that became the focal point. As much as I loved the Stamp Set and Die bundle, I wanted to use fresher colours than those used within the coordinating Designer Series Papers. 


During Sale-a-Bration you could earn a free product from an amazing selection, when you'd spent £45. The vellum that I've used here to create their table gifts, coordinated beautifully with the Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper and was one of these free products.

I don't often use Vellum, but I loved it used for this purpose and coupled with the self adhesive Glitter Tape that was also a Sale-a-Bration freebie.


Once again, I created another striking Pink flower to anchor the corner of this flourish, popping a quarter of a doillie behind. The flower was created using Melon Mambo sponged to some Blushing Bride cardstock, with a pop of Rich Razzleberry to the centre. 


The Stamp Set that I've used for the Sentiments, coordinates with a Card Kit and is called Cottage Greetings. I love the two different fonts and felt that the beautifully swirly script, suited the floral, feminine feel that this class created.


It was so easy to die cut and use the flowers to embellish the cards, but I really wanted to show my ladies how they to utilise the Stamp Set better … so we created some of our own patterned paper. That's right, this pink floral pattern has actually been created using the various stamps within the set … it's not actually Designer Series Paper, as a few of my ladies first thought. 


All together this ensemble was bright, fresh and very feminine and was enjoyed by all who came. 

I hope you too have enjoyed what I've shared with you today and can see perhaps another way of using this set … so don't be put off if you're finding the papers to be too dark. 

I'm now in the thick of preparing for the Stampin' Up! event, OnStage that's this coming weekend. I can't wait to see the new up coming products that I'll have the pleasure of using for the forthcoming year.

Mikaela x



No comments:

Post a Comment