Saturday, March 26, 2016

Stampin' Creative Blog Hop - Lovely Layout

Welcome to this month's Stampin' Creative Blog hop and a warm welcome if you've hopped over from the lovely Louise's blog were you'll have already been spoilt to some fantastic inspiration already.

This month's hop revolves around a Layout challenge and a layout that excited me the moment I saw it.


My regular followers will already know that this year I've a wealth of milestone occasions to celebrate with friends and family and so I chose to use one of the 25th Wedding Anniversary cards as the theme for this layout.


Quite a simple little card really, with nominal stamping. I layered some vellum over the whisper white layer, to help soften the look.


Wanting to give a little gift to this couple, I made a coordinating gift tag from vellum, that I filled with hearts and the word 'enjoy'.


Hopefully you can just see here, how I added a Wink of Stella to the scattered hearts on the card, to add a subtle shimmer. 


 This layout was right up my street, with the scattering of embellishments. I loved working to this and I hope you've enjoyed seeing my creation. 

Pip will I'm sure delight you further with her offering. She herself has a 25th Wedding Anniversary to celebrate this year … but don't worry, this card wasn't for her, so I've not spoilt any surprise. 

Enjoy the rest of the hop and the rest of the Easter weekend.
Don't forget we're in our last week of Sale-a-Bration, so be sure to place your last minute orders to earn FREE products or take advantage of the amazing Joining Offer. Get in contact if you'd like more information.

Happy Easter


Mikaela x

Blog Hop List

10 comments:

  1. Oh my I love this .... lovely card and what a fab idea with the shaker Vellum tag. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Mikaela, I love the use of the Vellum, and parts of my Favourite Stamp Set too, I would have been over the moon to receive such a beautiful creation to celebrate my 25th Wedding anni, here's looking forward to my 30th next year, wink wink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Mikaela! I especially like the little heart on the twine, so adorable! Layering the vellum over whisper white isn't something I've done, but it really makes a difference. And the wink of Stella does show up! It adds such a lovely, subtle sheen. Gorgeous! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Mikaela, love the layer of vellum over the top and also love how you have attached the little hearts to the end of your twine - icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Especially you little hearts on the tassels, an idea I shall be case-ing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo beautiful, as always! I love the way to take an idea and make it so elegant! They will be delighted with that card I'm sure!!! (nudge, wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgive me everyone, we were away for Easter and I've only now managed to get to reading and publishing all of your lovely comments. Thank you ALL so very much, I am so pleased that you like it and the subtle touches of the hearts at the end of the twine and the overlay of vellum.

    I guess I have a few more milestone Wedding Anniversary cards to start thinking about now …. 25th, 30th?? WOW …. some wonderful achievements to celebrate.

    Thank you all, I can now start hopping around and enjoying the rest of the lovely creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card but it's that tiny tag that's knocked me socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww thanks Lesley. Isn't it funny how sometimes it's the tiny elements that stand out more so. I'm pleased you liked it xx

    ReplyDelete