Monday, March 14, 2016

Rose Wonder for my cousin's 50th Birthday

I did a spot of water colouring using the Aquapainters recently to create this 50th Birthday card for my cousin.

I think this Rose lends itself to a spot of water colouring . I really liked the idea of mounting it onto a dark card base, to make it stand out all the more and then decided to add a strip of Gold Foil cardstock to lift it further. 



You can't really see it here, but I've added a little Wink of Stella to the numbers for a delicate hint of shimmer.


Such a beautiful rose and one that reminds me of my Grandmother, who used to paint herself. Flowers were her favourite to paint, so I'm hoping that this card was a warm reminder of our late Grandmother. 

A quick share with you today and another Milestone Birthday … I did say there were plenty in this family this year.
Mikaela x


No comments:

Post a Comment