Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It was Christmas in September

Seemingly a real crafter, would start their Christmas cards in July … well for many of my ladies, they started last Saturday at my first Christmas Stamp a Stack event, where the ladies made quite literally … a stack of Christmas cards.


With so many gorgeous Stamp Sets in the Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue, this was the perfect way to have a play with no less than 6 different sets … 


… and with Wonderland being one of my favourites, it had to make an appearance. 

It was interesting to hear the ladies as they moved around the room, each having their favourite table, but I think this was the one that received the most amount of favourable comments.

Wonderland by Mikaela Titheridge www.thecraftyoinkpen.stampinup.net

Wonderland by Mikaela Titheridge www.thecraftyoinkpen.stampinup.net

I love how at an event like this, the ladies just mix and mingle … many having never met before and many friendships strengthened as a result. It's wonderful.


We had our youngest crafter there, crafting with her Mum and making some wonderful creations. 

It was the Santa Claus card, made using Gifts from Santa that I knew she would like. The colouring in and the glitter were most certainly an attraction.

Gifts from Santa by Mikaela Titheridge www.thecraftyoinkpen.stampinup.net

A few of us had a giggle at the abstract design of this next card, where I appear to have put Annaglypta wall paper on the inside of the house. I so remember that wall paper … and actually had it in my bedroom as a child. It was quite popular back in the 70's.

White Christmas by Mikaela Titheridge www.thecraftyoinkpen.stampinup.net

Here I coupled White Christmas with the Hearth & Home Thinlits Die for a novel card.


There were a variety of cards on offer, some requiring more time than others. Jolly Christmas is most certainly a Jolly set. 


Don't you just love these wooden Snowflake Embellishments?!


We had a lovely airy hall for the event that offered a lot of space and as such generated a lot of peace and tranquility throughout the crafting day. It really was quite relaxing.



I loved the little splatter of gold stars that surrounded the snowflake on the corner of this card … so simple, yet ever so effective.

We couldn't have a day without at least one traditional card. All Ye Faithful was a stamp set that immediately jumped out at me as a contemporary yet traditional set that I looked forward to having a play with.


I coupled it here with Kinda Eclectic which I think worked very well.


The day was blessed with beautiful sunshine shining through the windows and it passed without a problem. It was a most enjoyable day and a repeated day, on another theme was requested by many … so ladies … watch this space for the next one.

If you'd like news of the next event of this kind that I'll be running, then be sure to get in contact and I'll add you to my Newsletter, where I publish a full list of Classes and events on offer.

Hoping you've started your Christmas cards and if not, that you're now feeling inspired. 

Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment