Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Suitably spoilt on Mother's Day

Sunday was Mothering Sunday here in the UK and I enjoyed a suitably relaxing day. A long leisurely shower whilst my husband took our son out for his swimming lesson, followed by a spot of crafting, watching a family movie curled up together on the sofa, enjoying afternoon tea and generally being spoilt rotten.

I made this card for my Mum to show my love and appreciation for her and organised for some flowers to be delivered. I adore the words of the Stamp Set, "Mum's Love". 



I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone of late when it comes to colour and here I used a colour that I really wouldn't normally … Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder, but I'm actually really pleased with the outcome and had forgotten just how much I like Rose Red. 



At the age of just 4yrs, it would appear that our son is a clever little boy, organising flowers and a wonderful pamper gift.



He too did some crafting of his own for Mother's Day. It would seem that perhaps he's following in his Mummy's crafting footsteps. 




For his two Grand Mother's and his God Mother, I had him do some of his own Stampin' using the "Build a Bouquet" Stamp Set. He hasn't quite grasped holding the stamp still, but it's wonderful nonetheless. Foolishly I forgot to take a photo before posting, so have had to rely on my Mum sending a photo through on my phone. She loves it.


Dare I let him loose in the Craft Cabin I ask you?

I hope you all had a relaxed and enjoyable weekend and were suitably spoilt for Mother's Day too. 


Mikaela x


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment