Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Brewing up some Birthday Fun … Tee-Hee-Hee

Oh my word hasn't this month flown by? … 

December is always a super busy month, but historically I always take some time away from classes come mid December, to spend quality time with my family. I've slowed down a little later this year and as such have been bonkers busy these past few weeks, which is why I've been somewhat quiet. 

One very important event, has taken my time up this past week though … 

It's our son's 4th Birthday at the beginning of January and we decided months ago, that we'd be holding a party for him. We are taking him to see Room on the Broom at the Theatre for his Birthday, so we thought we'd theme his party along the lines of that wonderful book by Julia Donaldson. 




"Tee-Hee-Hee", in the Autumn/Winter 2014 Catalogue was the first Stamp set that came to mind to theme the Invitations and to quite literally 'Brew up a little fun". 


Much to my delight, Stampin' Up! have this wonderful Bow Punch in the Spring/Summer Catalogue that I managed to pre-order … Now won't that be a useful punch to have? I stamped the bow with some spots from another new stamp set that I'll share with you soon, but I'll warn you, there are a lot of lovely new products and temptation in the new Seasonal Catalogue and just in time for Sale-a-Bration.


There was no way I could create a themed invitation without the addition of the Witches "… long ginger hair that she wore in a plait… ", so I've been dying twine and attending Christmas drinks dos with stained fingers … big mistake to do this part just an hour before going out … Still, I'm pleased with how they worked out and how it pulls you into the invitation. 


I decided to use the Circle Framelits Die to create a real interactive invitation. 


I printed off some stock photo's to show some of the characters, so that any child wishing to attend in fancy dress, can do so … kids love dressing up and our son's choice is changing every day.


Can you tell I've been having fun designing and making them? …. all 22 of them! Yes, I think for once I have agreed with my husband, that I must be mad. 


No matter which way you fold this card, it will always look like a complete card … and I have to say …. I'm thrilled with it … and so thankfully, is Bertie. 



Clearly no kids Birthday party would be complete without various Party Bags, favours and decorations, so watch this space over the coming weeks, as I'll share yet more creations, using yet more new products. 

… but for now, Its time to que up for the Turkey

I hope your festive plans are all coming together nicely and you've managed to set aside time to put your feet up and enjoy a hot drink. 

If I don't manage to post again before the big day … Christmas Day that is … Then be sure to have a good one and to look forward to an exciting New Year ahead. 

Merry Christmas and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me messages, I appreciate all of my followers.



Mikaela x


No comments:

Post a Comment