Sunday, October 5, 2014

World Card Making Anniversary Day

So … Yesterday was World Card Making Day, but it was also my 5th Wedding Anniversary, which is Wood, so as a surprise to my husband, I decided not to use the Hardwood Stamp or my usual Owl Punch, but something a little different.




The card on page 109 of the Annual Catalogue inspired this card that I felt needed to be bright and cheerful. Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Crushed Curry created the contrast of colours.

I wanted to add both texture and dimension in a variety of card stocks and papers and added an Embossed base using the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder … which I love!

Hubby was pleasantly surprised not to see an owl for a change and loved the abstract nature of his card.

It's good to be random …. 

Even though it didn't stop raining, we spent the day out as a family, which was lovely … Some quality time together and some time to watch our son perform like a natural fish in his much loved swimming lesson. A simple day, but a most enjoyable one nonetheless. 

I so hope you were enjoying your day and made good use of the bad weather by staying inside and joining in with World Card Making Day.

This week I shall be working on my Convention Swaps …. the days are counting down and I've not even started mine … of course I'll share those with you when they are done.

'til then … Happy Crafting


Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment