Friday, June 28, 2013

Man Up! with Blue Ribbon

I can not believe that this class posting, somehow didn't make it to publishing??

This was a Saturday class I recently did, tailored to everything Masculine.

Many of my ladies had expressed their concerns of making masculine cards, so with Father's Day at that point, on the horizon, I decided to set the theme and challenge myself to come up with something that I hoped everyone would actually enjoy making and might just inspire them to want to make yet more masculine cards.



We made use of the stamp set Blue Ribbon, which I'm pleased to say isn't on the current Retirement list and is so versatile. We covered a few different techniques in this class, making a Rosette for the Kraft Box Topper to add dimension and interest.




For one of the cards, we covered the ever so popular Chalk Board and Drift Wood Ink Techniques, which I believe lend themselves beautifully to masculine cards. 


I have to say, I too have fallen into the trap of enjoying feminine cards more so than masculine, but I really enjoyed creating this little set and was thrilled with the versatility of both the stamp set and the variations possible.





Supplies used:

Stamp Set: Blue Ribbon
DSP: Comfort Cafe
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse
Inks: Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Punches: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circles
Accessories: Natural Trim Ribbon, Naturals Designer Buttons, Kraft Gift Boxes

I plan on making a few feminine cards using this very stamp set, so watch this space!






No comments:

Post a Comment