Monday, February 4, 2013

Flattering Femininity

This weeks classes were all about Femininity and everything beautiful, which seemed the perfect way to launch the new Spring/Summer Seasonal Catalogue. 



Packed full of beautiful and unusual embellishments, this catalogue left me inspired. I had Mothering Sunday in mind when I thought of this class, but each item could be suitably tailored to any other occasion. The new Catalogue takes us right through Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, Father's Day, Weddings and Bridal/Baby Showers it really packs a punch for a 39 page publication.

In bygone years, ladies were adorned with Lace, pearls, flowers and brooches and so I simply couldn't resist but make use of the Soda Pop Bottle Tops, flattened by going once through the Big Shot, to make a stunning Brooch effect. Who would have thought that a retro bottle cap could be used in this way? 




The Soda Pop Tops come as a pack of 16 in total, 8 each of 2 sizes for just £3.75 (129388) and you'll see how I used the smaller ones in my second card on the flowers. You can punch custom centres from Designer Series Paper or stamped images using the 1/2" and 1" circle punches to fit. Here I used the gorgeous 'Collage Curios' Stamp set for the image and covered it with a layer of Crystal Effects to give a gentle glaze to the surface. A little goes a long way with the Paper Doilies, so I gathered half of one behind to gave a pretty lace back drop. You get 24 doilies, each 10.2cm diameter in white for just £2.75 (129399).



Collage Curios Stamp Set (9 images)

Wood: 129099 £18.95
Clear: 129102 £14.95

Co-ordinates with 1" Circle Punch


For subtle added detailing, I used the ever so pretty new Textured Impressions Embossing Folders that come as a pack of two, 'Needlepoint Border' £7.50 (129383), which I just love and I'm sure you will be seeing again, so subtle, but ever so pretty!

The colours I chose coordinated with the 'More Amore speciality Designer Series Paper'  ..... Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey.



I've seen these Plant Pot cards all over the internet and couldn't resist but make one, as what lady wouldn't want to receive flowers, Mothering Sunday or not? The flowers were spritzed with Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner and scrunched in my hand before leaving to air dry a little and layered. The centre of the flowers were once again embellished with the smaller Soda Pop Caps, flattened. There's something about an old fashioned ticket and I just love the Stamp Set 'That's the Ticket', which I used for the sentiment tags. I chose to adapt the Precious Baby ticket for 100% Perfect Mum, from the 'For my Family' Stamp set.



That's the Ticket (8 images)

Wood 128072 £20.95
Clear  128075 £16.95

Co-ordinates with Ticket Duo Builder Punch from the Annual Catalogue




The Kraft Gift Boxes are available in packs of 4 for just £2.75 (124106) and are really quite sturdy. 



A pretty strip of More Amore speciality Designer Series Paper and three Vintage dimensional flowers that I gently added Primrose Petals ink to, by using a dauber. You can add whatever colour you like to coordinate with your project or simply leave them Vanilla, they are so pretty. 

Now, if you don't already have a copy of the new Seasonal Catalogue, get in contact or click the photo of it on my home page to view online ... put your feet up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment