Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Dirtday

We've just celebrated our son's 2nd Birthday and what little boy isn't rather partial to a digger or dump truck? ...... so I couldn't resist but use the wonderfully fun 'I Dig You' Stamp set from the 2012-2013 Annual Catalogue (122720 Wood £24.95/122722 Clear mount £19.95) to make not only his Birthday invites, but to decorate his favour bags, treats and generally use as the theme of the day. 



I used a simple Brown Craft bag (no handles) for the favour bags, using some Daffodil Delight DSP as a background banner strip, with a mounted rosette of Early Espresso polka dot DSP from the retired Berry Blossoms range (Spring mini Catalogue 2012). The Truck is mounted on a 3" Big Shot Circle Die and the truck was inked up using Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and black for the tyres.

I saw these spades somewhere on the net and took inspiration in making up Chocolate coated Rice Krispie and Raisin rubble in the spade end as a little treat, attaching a simple "I dig you" tag with another truck scooping up soft suede rubble along the way. The Postcard invitation was a simple little card, which I mainly printed, adding the truck afterwards using some dimension for interest and height. I did very similar with the Thank you cards, but included the fun little parcels printed in amongst the dirt.



I also made some simple bunting, using the Pennant Parade punch and the circle die with trucks, to drape behind the food on display.



It was a fun set to use and a very versatile one .... that I may end up using for a few Valentine cards from our son to his lovely girlie friends ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment